This is the only picture we took while vacationing in Orlando, FL. This picture will always be a reminder how we were not all alone and how God used a stranger to help. On May 22 we began our journey to Florida. We arrived May 23, that night. We drove through a lot of rain. We were thankful to arrive and arrive safely. We gave thanks for God's protection. Sunday we were preparing for our week. We bought tickets for 2 days at Disney World. We were ready for a relaxing week. However, on Monday, Brad woke up with a heart arrhythmia. We couldn't explain it, but I can tell you his pulse was thready and he was about 40 beats per minute.(plus or minus 4) We went to the emergency room. The short of it, is Brad heart rate went back to a steady 40's and they ran some test on Tuesday. The test indicated some problem, but they thought he could make it home to Tyler to get further testing. They released him for us to begin our drive home Wednesday. Obviously, we made it home, by God's grace and protection. I drove the whole way, with an exception of 2 hours. We were to have severe storms, but we only ran into moments of heavy raining. The storms were all around us, but thankfully we missed them. We arrived home Thursday, exhausted. I had been keeping up most of the night keeping vigil over Brad. Friday we met with the Cardiologist. He ordered the heart cath. Brad did great. The vessels are looking fairly well. Brad will do some more testing in the near future. Now, the story of the stranger. I am very grateful for all our friends in Tyler who helped out with Brad's first heart attack three years ago. I was never alone and everyone did the thinking for me. This time was different. I was all by myself. I called one friend to shed my heavy heart and called Janeen later. I prayed that whole day for Brad and for an encouraging friend. I had taken two of the kids out to play miniature golf after going back and forth to the hospital. I told the two that I was exhausted and needed to go get some coffee at Starbucks. That is when God introduced me to my encourager, Beth Brady. She asked "what do we plan to do this week?" and "how was everything going?" I told her we didn't know what we were doing, Brad was in the hospital. She gave the kids, including the ones at home pastry for breakfast the next morning. Beth checked up on us the next day and offered to bring dinner. Reluctantly, I said okay. Well, not only did she bring dinner, she brought us a party meal. God provided the encouragement I needed, a listening ear, and so much more. I thank God for my new friend Beth Brady. I thank God we made it home safely and Brad is getting the attention he needs. To God be the Glory.
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Home from Orlando, FL
This is the only picture we took while vacationing in Orlando, FL. This picture will always be a reminder how we were not all alone and how God used a stranger to help. On May 22 we began our journey to Florida. We arrived May 23, that night. We drove through a lot of rain. We were thankful to arrive and arrive safely. We gave thanks for God's protection. Sunday we were preparing for our week. We bought tickets for 2 days at Disney World. We were ready for a relaxing week. However, on Monday, Brad woke up with a heart arrhythmia. We couldn't explain it, but I can tell you his pulse was thready and he was about 40 beats per minute.(plus or minus 4) We went to the emergency room. The short of it, is Brad heart rate went back to a steady 40's and they ran some test on Tuesday. The test indicated some problem, but they thought he could make it home to Tyler to get further testing. They released him for us to begin our drive home Wednesday. Obviously, we made it home, by God's grace and protection. I drove the whole way, with an exception of 2 hours. We were to have severe storms, but we only ran into moments of heavy raining. The storms were all around us, but thankfully we missed them. We arrived home Thursday, exhausted. I had been keeping up most of the night keeping vigil over Brad. Friday we met with the Cardiologist. He ordered the heart cath. Brad did great. The vessels are looking fairly well. Brad will do some more testing in the near future. Now, the story of the stranger. I am very grateful for all our friends in Tyler who helped out with Brad's first heart attack three years ago. I was never alone and everyone did the thinking for me. This time was different. I was all by myself. I called one friend to shed my heavy heart and called Janeen later. I prayed that whole day for Brad and for an encouraging friend. I had taken two of the kids out to play miniature golf after going back and forth to the hospital. I told the two that I was exhausted and needed to go get some coffee at Starbucks. That is when God introduced me to my encourager, Beth Brady. She asked "what do we plan to do this week?" and "how was everything going?" I told her we didn't know what we were doing, Brad was in the hospital. She gave the kids, including the ones at home pastry for breakfast the next morning. Beth checked up on us the next day and offered to bring dinner. Reluctantly, I said okay. Well, not only did she bring dinner, she brought us a party meal. God provided the encouragement I needed, a listening ear, and so much more. I thank God for my new friend Beth Brady. I thank God we made it home safely and Brad is getting the attention he needs. To God be the Glory.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yes, to God be the Glory! I am thankful that you all got home safely and that you had an encourager to help you through the difficult days. We will continue to pray for you all. Give hugs to Brad from us all.
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure I know the full story, and what all the medical things mean, but our prayers have been with "Uncle Brad." The children have been really sweet in remembering him in their prayers. I'm glad you had someone who was able to answer your prayer. Keep us updated!
ReplyDelete