Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Day






This morning we leisurely woke up. Only Lucas was found awake. Trying to wait patiently for everyone else to arise Christmas morning. I was able to enjoy a hot cup of Chai Latte and began reading a book. Lucas continued to wait patiently. Around 9:00 a few more kids had woken up. After enjoying some family time and reading about the birth of Jesus the children were excited about beginning the process of opening gifts. I look forward to reading a book that Brad and the kids got for me about Dietrich Bonhoeffer. It's only about 550 pages. I believe it will be worth the read. I consider this man one of my heroes. I don't believe that the movie did him justice of the remarkable man he was. Elizabeth has been wanting to learn guitar. So she received a learners guitar and says she is determine to teach herself. We enjoyed a wonderful meal with the help of each children. For our dessert we made and decorated sugar cookies. The only thing missing this year was our precious nephews and niece. [and Uncles and Aunts:)]

2 comments:

  1. Missing you guys here as well. I've never heard of that man or book or movie. You've peeked my curiousity! Good for Elizabeth. My mother gave Tanner Mitt Romney's guitar, so he's been teaching himself as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cookies look good! Wish we could have joined you all! I didn't know Elizabeth was interested in playing the guitar. Excellent! I could see Elizabeth leading worship one day. Good to have you back with the blog. You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete