Sunday, January 9, 2011

Breakfast is served.



An Idea. During Christmas vacation I began and completed some projects I have hoped to get to for sometime. One of those projects was organizing my recipes and putting together menus. I came across a slow cooker recipe for pumpkin oatmeal. It stuck in my mind, but I hadn't yet given it a try. Then one night I was washing my rice steamer out and had an idea. How about pumpkin spiced oatmeal in the rice cooker. It's worth a try I thought. It turned out to be a delicious idea and a time saver. It stays warm without drying out. Plus it's easy to clean up the steamer.

2 comments:

  1. Your pumpkin oatmeal sounds yummy! I love cooking oatmeal in the crock pot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that idea! You need to tell me how you did it and tell me the recipe. Send you idea into Family Fun magazine with a recipe. I bet they will use it.

    ReplyDelete