Wednesday, July 3, 2013

R-Day, July 1, 2013

Psalm 144:1-2 Blessed be the Lord, my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle; My lovingkindness and my fortress, My stronghold and my deliver, My shield and He in whom I take refuge. West Point! More specifically, R-Day. It arrived, with rain, but also with joy to see Evan officially become a New Cadet and join the Long Gray Line.
The picture of the field is the New Cadets being marched out through the tunnels onto the plains to take the ceremonial Oath to serve. The Cadet's Chapel sets up on the highest point on campus. It was breathtaking to see these NC march out in formation all the way across the field, just after eight hours of training. The picture of the young man with the big green packs shows what it was like all day caring those greater than fifty pound bags around for 7 hours. See if you can find Evan in the middle of the pack of the New Cadets in their uniforms. In the near future I will post a better picture, which zooms in on Evan.

1 comment:

  1. I found him! I recognize his legs! Oh my mother heart! How are you doing!

    ReplyDelete