I have to admit I get easily distracted. This morning I was wanting to soak a glass dish that didn't get rinsed off completely last night. I turned on the hot water to fill up the glass bowl. I thought I could multi-task. I went to my room to put something away. Then it happened. I got distracted by other things that "needed" to be done in our room. To my surprise I completely forgot the water running in the sink. Then I spotted a mountain of suds from the hallway. The kids thought it was funny and that I needed to share it with y'all. I know there are days I can get distracted from the important things in life. I see all that "needs" to be done, which they are legitmate tasks at hand. However, sometimes when I am focusing on those "needs" that I miss the opportunities to serve my family or others who truly have a greater need or just to have fun with them. I am still learning to stay focus on eternal matters, rather than the meaningless things in life.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Distracted too Easily
I have to admit I get easily distracted. This morning I was wanting to soak a glass dish that didn't get rinsed off completely last night. I turned on the hot water to fill up the glass bowl. I thought I could multi-task. I went to my room to put something away. Then it happened. I got distracted by other things that "needed" to be done in our room. To my surprise I completely forgot the water running in the sink. Then I spotted a mountain of suds from the hallway. The kids thought it was funny and that I needed to share it with y'all. I know there are days I can get distracted from the important things in life. I see all that "needs" to be done, which they are legitmate tasks at hand. However, sometimes when I am focusing on those "needs" that I miss the opportunities to serve my family or others who truly have a greater need or just to have fun with them. I am still learning to stay focus on eternal matters, rather than the meaningless things in life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm the stay way. Thanks for sharing your imperfections. I love you the way you are.
ReplyDelete