Wednesday, April 15, 2009

TEA'D Tax Enough Already Parties



Today in Tyler, TX we have had our TEA party. Our TEA party was not as impressive as some of the larger cities. However, the crowd was large and united. Luke wanted me to wear our Uncle Sam hat, but my friend Shelley had no sign or anything to show her support so I let her wear the hat. She was stopped by our local media and newspaper. Many of the signs were orginal, clever, and with the similar message to save America from government control from taxes. Did anyone else go to their local TEA party? ( The children didn't join me today because they had Stanford testing today.) I belong to a new group of conservatives started by my friend Lisa. She took a picture of the bigger group and will be sending it to Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity. This is just the beginning, at least here in Tyler.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, good for you! Ours was 3 hours away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janel, good for you. I need to do some research. Is there a website to go to? That was very kind of you to give up your Uncle Sam hat so that your friend could feel that she was showing her support. I like your sign and the quote you choose.

    ReplyDelete